Candy 5 (Now 5.1) is an awesome ROM for the Kindle Fire HD. It has many features such as built in perfomence settings when developer options are enabled. Candy 5 is based on CM12 (Cyanogen Mod 12) however is modified to suit the Kindle Fire HD. Make sure you have at least 70% battery. You can find the official Xda Thread on this ROM here. Follow the instructions below or alternatively watch the video. Don’t forget to Contact me if you have any problems.
- Download the Candy 5 ROM and Gapps for 5.1 onto your device, you can also try flashing the Sweetner Pack for more customisation (optional)
- Reboot into Recovery, if you don’t have one learn how here.
- Make a backup just in case something goes wrong and you need to restore to a previous state.
- Click ‘Wipe’ and swipe to factory reset, this MUST happen (This does not wipe your Internal Storage don’t worry)
- Then press ‘Install’ and navigate to the folder where you downloaded the Candy 5 ROM and tap it.
- Swipe to confirm flash, this will take a while DO NOT cancel.
- After it is done DON’T press reboot system or you will have no Google Apps and you will experience errors.
- Click ‘Home’ and then once again ‘Install’
- Select the ‘gapps 5.0′ file and once again wait, this time press ‘Reboot System’ once it is done.
- First boot up may take a while however if it takes more than 10 minutes hold the power button till your device goes off and try turning it on again.
- If it still won’t boot go back to recovery and restore your backup
- If everything works then enjoy your new ROM!
Watch the video tutorial below: