Omni 5.1 (Android 5.1) is an awesome ROM for the Kindle Fire HD. Omni 5 is a ROM is based on CM12 (Cyanogen Mod 12) however is modified to suit the Kindle Fire HD. Make sure you have at least 70% battery. As a quick warning do not try to overclock the CPU on this ROM as it will cause your device to totally frezze up after a couple of minutes of use, if you don’t know what I am talking about don’t worry. You can find the official Xda Thread on this ROM here. Follow the instructions below or alternatively watch the video. Don’t forget to Contact me if you have any problems.
- Download the Omni 5.1 ROM, Gapps for 5.0 and Update SuperSU onto your device
- Reboot into Recovery, if you don’t have one learn how here.
- Make a backup just in case something goes wrong and you need to restore to a previous state.
- Click ‘Wipe’ and swipe to factory reset, this MUST happen (This does not wipe your Internal Storage don’t worry)
- Then press ‘Install’ and navigate to the folder where you downloaded the Omni 5.1 ROM and tap it.
- Swipe to confirm flash, this will take a while DO NOT cancel.
- After it is done DON’T press reboot system or you will have no Google Apps and you will experience errors.
- Click ‘Home’ and then once again ‘Install’
- Select the ‘gapps 5.0′ file and once again wait. Once again go ‘Home’ otherwise you will not have root access.
- Click ‘Home’ and then ‘Install’ for the final time.
- Select Update SuperSU.zip and press reboot system once it is done flashing.
- First boot up may take a while however if it takes more than 10 minutes hold the power button till your device goes off and try turning it on again.
- If it still won’t boot go back to recovery and restore your backup
- If everything works then enjoy your new ROM!
Watch the video tutorial below: